Tips for beautiful photographs
- Every photo you capture you must Think, Plan and Shoot.
- For sharp pictures learn focus modes of your camera, use tripod and shoot with higher shutter speeds.
- If your photos are suffering with color tint then manually adjust your camera white balance to correct the color tone of the picture.
- While taking the pictures of Kids or Babies, get down to the ground and take images from their level.
- The rule of thirds is an essential photography technique. It can be applied to any subject to improve the composition and balance of your images.
- Polarisers, graduated NDs, and warming filters are useful for landscape photography.
- Protect your photographs by watermarking them.
- One hour after sunrise and before sunset are the golden hours for outdoor photography.
- Breathe new life into subjects by photographing them in silhouette, removing detail and texture to leave a simple, bold shape on a bright background.
- Deliberately setting the wrong white balance can add an overall colour cast to your images – blue if you shoot in daylight with a Tungsten white balance, warm tones with Cloudy white balance.
- Instead of single large capacity Memory Card, use two medium capacity Memory Cards in interchange.
- Format Memory Card instead of Erase All option. Formatting re-creates directory structure and prevents database errors.